Major construction challenges included major river crossings, a variety of cultural heritage sites and liaising with some 4,000 property owners.
Mitchell designed and constructed six of the seven supply systems in just over 3 years, delivering the project 6 years ahead of the original 10 year time frame.
Mitchell’s safety performance on the project was outstanding, completing 900,000 manhours without a single LTI.
- Design & construct 8,000 km’s of pipelines, pump stations, earthen storages and storage tanks
- 100km of Bulk Water Transfer main DN700 to DN1000
- 1,200km of Trunk pipelines DN200 to DN450
- 6,700km of Distribution pipelines DN50 to DN200
- 27 pump stations
- 28 water storage tanks
- 12 earthen storages
- 80 major waterway crossings
- 60 rail bore crossings
- 100 major bored road crossings
- 2,200 minor road crossings